12 Tips To Lose Body Fat & Maintain Muscle | Health and Mindset
Wanting to lose fat? SUMMER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! Fat loss can at times seem like an impossible goal and when achieved can also be very difficult to maintain.
Here are 12 helpful tips to help you lose body fat and maintain muscle.
1) Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and keep hydrated. If you find it hard to drink enough water throughout the day try adding in a BCAA supplement for some extra flavour.
2) Don’t be scared to lift weights! Don’t just try to burn body fat, work to build muscle. Increased muscle mass = faster metabolism, which means more food you can eat.
3) Don’t get sucked straight into the latest “Fad Diet”. It’s better to introduce a healthy diet into your lifestyle.
4) Food prep your away from home/work meals in advance. By having all your meals prepared for when you’re on the go will make it far less likely to resort to the quick and easy fast food option.
5) Introduce a good quality multi vitamin and fish oil supplement into your diet.
6) Avoid purchasing or bringing junk food into the house! If the temptation isn’t there then it makes healthier snack choices a lot easier.
7) Try swapping your steady treadmill walks to high intensity interval training (HIIT cardio). This is VERY effective for fat burning.
8) Stairs or elevator/escalator? Take the stairs!
9) Cut out all sugary drinks! The calories build up very quickly.
10) Consider supplementing with Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR). A very effective fat burning supplement that can help speed up that over all fat loss.
11) Don’t let a “slip up” or a bad day ruin your progress! We are only human and are going to have bad days. Accept and learn from it and straight back on course.
12) Don’t have time for breakfast? Make a smoothie. Some fruit, peanut butter, protein powder, spinach and some yogurt. Breakfast on the go!